Functional medicine likes to find root causes, not just symptoms, and it likes a long-term plan, not just short-term fixes.
Functional Medicine understands the body as a complex whole, where every system is integrated. The complexity of the biochemical processes are respected and we actively look for irregularities as clues in the mystery on the way to the root causes that lead to imbalances and ultimately, disease.
For Dr. Rav, Functional Medicine is a way of healing, not just managing symptoms. It is a journey that you embark on to understand (and nourish) yourself at a much more intimate level than what you are used to. A functional approach involves everything from your past experiences, spiritual well-being and relationship to food, to your genetic inheritance and exposure to toxins.
Dr. Rav is one of three South African medical professionals who holds an Advanced Fellowship in Anti-Aging, Metabolic & Functional Medicine (FAAMFM) from the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
Is Functional Medicine For You?
Are you ready to come alive?
- Are you after more than just quick patch work diagnoses and treatments?
- Are you ready to look at the why? Why is my body out of balance, where is the imbalance and what journey do I need to take to bring that balance back?
- Are you after a longer healthspan rather than an extended lifespan of poor quality?
- Do you want to achieve your full health potential, living a life full of energy and vibrancy?
- Are you ready to learn and, with help, take responsibility for carving out your own health journey moving forward?